Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dam Maro Dam

Whenever I have craving for roasted corns, only one name flashes in my mind and that is Khadakwasla. I have visited this place for several times since the time I came to Pune. Although my first visit takes the best place in my memory.

It was in the month of Feb , to be precise on the valentine’s day and it was  during my courtship period. I could still feel a pinkish winter chill in Pune. We rode through the hilly sinhgad road which was covered by different forms of vegetation. On the dam site many people have come for sightseeing and not surprisingly many were blushing young couples. Even I was blushing a lot as it was my first outing with my ‘would be’ husband.

We sat under a banyan tree on the road side of the dam. The view was spectacular and amazing. A great combination of blue and green could be seen. Blue was the color of the water reflecting the clear blue sky and green was the color of the hills that were seen on the far end of the dam.  We ordered two roasted corns to a smiling maushi. She handed us two flaked corns with salt-pepper sprinkled on it. The corns were juicy and the roasted smell was adding an earthy charcoal flavor to it. We finished eating the corns with nugget of information like khadawasla is the major water source for the people of pune. During summer people come over here to check the level of water and calculate how long pune people can have water supply before the rain arrives. Also, if we go ahead on the same road we will reach the famous Sinhgad fort.

We finished eating and headed towards the National Defense Academy road. After travelling for few minutes we stopped at a road side tapri. The tapri was being owned by a couple having a beautiful daughter who was sitting there and doing her homework. Good to find that girl child getting encouragement to study. We had piping hot cup of tea with my first wada pav with fried green chilies. The wada pav had strong flavours of garlic and garam masalas and the fried chilies were adding strong hot taste to it. The whole combo was great to taste but I had tears in my eyes as I cannot tolerate hot spices for long.

We headed back to our place with a plan to visit the sinhgad fort on our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment